A-Rod to A-Roid to A-Fraud for sure as now we find out that Alex Rodriguez is/was a ‘roid head. I just hope A-Roid gets the Rocket and Barry, Barry, Barry treatment. Isn’t nice to see the all powerful super agent Scott Boras grovel and pathetically try to respond with the following: “it was one season and since then Alex has gotten the good-housekeeping seal the last five years." Commentary didn’t know that MLB or Boras handed out good housekeeping seals of approval. I thought that was Colin Powell’s duty. I guess A-Roid will also have a hard time getting into the Hall of Fame.
The Chron’s E-Board says today that White Knights need to come forward and save HISD by helping pick the next superintendent – oh, brother! Check it out. It seems like the only criticism being level at the current superintendent is lack of political skills and not incompetence. If that is the case, then what is the hurry? Let’s take our time and make sure the selection is done right and with input from all – PLEASE!
Tom Schieffer, a former Dem State Rep way back when and a pal of W – heck an appointee of W, is thinking about running for Guv in the Lone Star State as a Dem. There is a mention about it in today’s Chron. Check it out. This is interesting. I wonder how Dems feel about supporting a fella for office if the fella supported W in 2000?
Commentary watched the Sunday talk shows yesterday and witnessed a pathetic parade of GOP leaders babble the Rushline – pitiful. If they don’t want to acknowledge scoreboard and work with The President – well, then run over them and let them become road kill.
Close to 500 City of H-Town computers got infected by a virus last week and crashed. The computers were mostly involved in the traffic court system. Commentary’s got a parking ticket that I need to pay up soon – maybe the virus ate it up and let me off the hook. It would be nice if some heads were lopped off at City Hall over this.
Commentary and My Brown Eyed Girl saw Mickey Rourke’s outstanding performance in “The Wrestler” yesterday. That movie ain’t for everybody but we won’t be surprised if Rourke takes home the Oscar later on this month – check him out.
Commentary watched The Grammys last night so I could find out who these artists are. Heck, I didn’t know Led Zeppelin was still around.
The Houston Area Latino Summit is five days away. An agenda has now been posted. Over 210 Latinos/Latinas and non Latinos/Latinas have registered. The moderators are set. All of the presenters are confirmed. Sponsors are still signing on. Go to www.camposcommunications.com for information on the Houston Area Latino Summit that will be held from 10 am to 1 pm, this Saturday, February 14, 2009 in the Champions Pavilion at Minute Maid Park.
Here is what we have so far.
• Sylvia Garcia, Harris County Commissioner
• Mario Gallegos, State Senator
• James Rodriguez, Houston City Councilmember
• Adrian Garcia, Harris County Sheriff
• Leo Vasquez, Harris County Tax Assessor-Collector
• Dr. Laura Murillo, CEO, Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
• Dr. Stephen Klineberg, Rice University
• Diana Davila, HISD Trustee
• Rick Noriega, Former State Representative
• Jerry Wood, Consultant
• Alberto P. Cardenas, Jr., Attorney at Law – Vinson & Elkins LLP
• Roberto D. Caballero, Attorney at Law – Foster Quan LLP
• Héctor de León, Harris County Clerk’s Office
• Cesar Espinoza, Youth Coordinator-CRECEN/America Para Todos
• Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP
• Taxis Fiesta
• Texas Hispanic Peace Officer’s Association
• Houston Astros
• Janiece Longoria (Port Commissioner, Port of Houston Authority and Board of Regents, University of Texas System)
• Houston Community College
• Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
• Peter Brown, Houston City Council Member
• UA Plumbers Local Union 68